Last updated: May 17, 2023
Protecting the privacy of our website visitors is very important to us. As we collect information about you, you should know:
- What kind of information we collect and why;
- How we use this information;
- How you can update this information and limit or control its use.
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to all users of our Service, including to determine what kind of editorial content, products and services we offer are of most interest and value to you.
We collect information about you from the following two sources:
A. Information that you provide to us or have already provided to us in one form or another. For example, some of our services require you to open an account. When opening an account, we will ask you for personal information such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and more.
b. Information We Collect When You Use Our Service. This information is primarily related to the editorial and advertising content you view, as well as the products and services you use, offered by us and third-party providers. This information includes:
- Device Information We collect information about the devices you use to access our Service, such as device settings, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, and referral URL;
- Journal information. When you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs that automatically record certain information when you use our Service, including:
○ detailed information about how you used our Service, such as your search queries used in our Services;
○ Your IP address, which is a number assigned to a device connected to the Internet, such as a tablet or smartphone, and used to identify the geographic location of that device;
○ Cookies that can uniquely identify your browser and collect information about how our visitors interact with our service, as well as help us identify problems such as error messages from specific pages. A cookie is a small file that contains a sequence of characters. This file is sent to your computer or other device when you use our service. Anytime you visit our Service thereafter, our Service will recognize your browser through a cookie and store information about your preferences as a user and other personal information.
- Geographical location information. When you visit our Service, we may collect and process information about your actual geographic location. We use various technologies to determine geographic location, including IP address.
- local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as the browser's local web storage, which allows data to be retained in the browser even when the browser is closed and reopened, and By using the application data cache, with the help of which data is stored on your device, which allows the application to function without an Internet connection and load content faster.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from users of our Service to provide you with more relevant content and to offer you convenient products and services, as well as to improve your overall experience. In particular, you can choose:
- Subscribe to any of our newsletters;
- receive "special offers" from the Silk Museum and its various service providers;
- submit questions or comments about our Service in response to editorial content;
- To purchase products from our online stores, in which case we will process your information to fulfill our contract or fulfill your request.
In each case, you will be asked to provide us with certain types of personal information, such as an email address, zip code, telephone number and, in some cases, information about your business. If a purchase is made from an online store website, we will also collect and store additional information about that purchase, including name, quantity, purchase dates and payment method, and other information such as payer and shipping address (if different). By providing this information and giving the appropriate consent, you acknowledge that this information may be used by the Silk Museum and its various advertising companies and other service providers to send you promotional materials and other communications of business opportunities, About products and services. You may opt out of receiving such e-newsletters, promotional materials and other commercial communications by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in each newsletter.
When you contact the Silk Museum, we keep a record of your communication to resolve any issues you may encounter, or we keep a record to help resolve legal issues. We will keep these records for no more than 5 years. With your consent, we may use your email address to notify you about products and services offered through our Service.
We use information collected through cookies and other technologies, such as pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies or to specify when a cookie is sent. But you should note that you may not be able to access or use some features of our Service without cookies. A pixel tag is a technology that is placed on a website or within an email and is used to track activity on the website. It is often used in combination with cookies.
3. PRIVACY AND CHOICE
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to make it clear what kind of information we collect and to enable you to make informed choices about how that information is used. You can select your browser settings from its "Options" and "Preferences" function so that you receive a warning before receiving cookies, or disable all cookies altogether. However, it is important to be aware that many of the services we provide to users on our Service may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Silk Museum, except when any of the following circumstances exist:
A. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Silk Museum if we have your written or other consent to do so.
b. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Silk Museum if we believe that access, use, retention or disclosure of that information is justified based on the following purposes:
- to comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or government-sanctioned legal requirements;
- comply with any of our Terms of Service, including with respect to any potential violation;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise resolve fraud, security, or technical problems;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our Service users and service providers, as well as the general public and the Silk Museum, from harm, as required by law.
5. HANDLING COMPLAINTS FROM USERS OF OUR SERVICE AND REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
7. CONTACT US
State Silk Museum of the USSR USSR Silk Museum
Georgia, Tbilisi, c. Tsabadze Street No. 6